No data on command.effort

Questions about our Python API
River

No data on command.effort

Post by River » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:19 am

Hello all,

I am trying to run the example code for commanding effort from the HEBI github for my custom scara arm: https://github.com/HebiRobotics/hebi-py ... _effort.py

The logging and plotting of position and velocity all work fine, but when I run the code above for effort, I only get a plot of the actual effort and not the desired/commanded effort. I checked the hebilog files and saw that there is no data available for CmdEffort, even though the code's purpose is to command effort.

Is this a known problem? I'm using the latest hebi-py version. If not, would you have any idea what may be causing the problem? Thanks in advance!
daniel_wright
HEBI Official

Re: No data on command.effort

Post by daniel_wright » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:29 am

Hi River,

Which version of the Python API are you using? I know you said that you're using the latest version, but we just published a new release (2.2.0) last week.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue with the newest release. I additionally ran this on the previous release (2.1.0) and was unable to reproduce this.

Are you able to send a log file from running the program? This is what the plot from example `03c_command_effort.py` looks like on my end:
03c_effort_res.png
03c_effort_res.png (65.03 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
Thanks!