Greetings! I'm known around these parts as Willig.

Learn about the story of HEBI Robotics and the people who make it all happen
willig
HEBI Official

Greetings! I'm known around these parts as Willig.

Post by willig » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm

My name is Andrew Willig, but most people I know (besides my family members) just simply call me Willig. I am a Mechanical Engineer here at HEBI Robotics focusing primarily on hardware design and more recently some marketing as well.

I moved to Pittsburgh in 2010 to attend Carnegie Mellon University and immediately fell in love with this city (I also became a huge Penguins fan!). During my time at CMU I joined the Biorobotics Lab, where I met and worked with the awesome team that eventually became the founders for HEBI Robotics. After graduating from CMU in 2014 and before joining HEBI, I spent 3 years working at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory where I primarily worked on various kinds of grippers and manipulators for robotic systems. I hit the ground running when I joined HEBI in April 2017 and haven't slowed up since. I am excited by all the amazing projects we are constantly thinking of and all the amazing solutions we create for our customers. Everyday I am grateful to part of such an intelligent and hard-working team here at HEBI and can't wait to show the world what we come up with next!

On a personal note, I am an Ultimate Frisbee nut. I started playing when I came to CMU and you'll always see me traveling around with a frisbee in my backpack. Currently I am the coach for CMU's men's ultimate frisbee team as well a local club team for the greater Pittsburgh area. I still do my best to keep the legs going and play in local recreational leagues when I'm not hard at work or chasing around my 4 year old corgi, Thor (follow him on instagram! @thorwilligson).

Until Next Time!
Willig