Hi, I am Hoon Ki!

Learn about the story of HEBI Robotics and the people who make it all happen
hoonkikim
HEBI Official

Hi, I am Hoon Ki!

Post by hoonkikim » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:05 pm

My Name is Hoon Ki Kim, and I am one of the mechanical engineers at HEBI.

I am from South Korea and came to Pittsburgh in 2009 to pursue my B.S. and M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University. I joined HEBI as an intern in my senior year, and became a full-time employee after graduation.

My responsibilities at HEBI are quick prototyping custom development parts, creating different tools to help production, and making different assembly instructions and documentation on hardware products for customers. But my passion is designing functional prototypes that can solve our customers' needs.

Robotics requires teamwork. Every robot is a combination of Mechanical, Electrical, and Software components. Engineers from each department have to work together to make a robot do what it's supposed to do. And that's what I like the most about HEBI: COLLABORATION. I am a pure mechanical engineer with only a little experience in robotics, but I work with these awesome engineers from different backgrounds to create something that none of us can create alone. On some Fridays, we tend to have too much fun experimenting with our robots.

Hope our robots make your lives exciting as well!

Thanks,

- Hoon Ki