Random offset of actuator X5-9

X-Series and R-Series Actuators
zhuwei996

Random offset of actuator X5-9

Post by zhuwei996 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Hello, Hebi Robotics Tech Support,

We are using IGOR robot. For two hip actuators with the same parameters, one can function properly but the other one works abnormally. This abnormal actuator offsets with a random angles.
In the past, the offset was constant as pi/2 so we could fix it with Scope. But recently, the offset seems to change randomly. I wonder if this actuator is broken.

Thansk for your attention and concern!

Wei
Tohoku University, Japan
dave_rollinson
HEBI Official

Re: Random offset of actuator X5-9

Post by dave_rollinson » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:35 pm

Wei,

I just replied on your other post. If the jumps are always 90-deg or 45-deg increments an update to the latest actuator firmware may fix the problem. If the issue is different, there may be a mechanical problem with the encoder. Contact us a support@hebirobotics.com and we can work out the details of replacing the actuator.

Thanks,
-Dave
zhuwei996

Post by zhuwei996 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:01 pm

dave_rollinson wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:35 pm
Wei,

I just replied on your other post. If the jumps are always 90-deg or 45-deg increments an update to the latest actuator firmware may fix the problem. If the issue is different, there may be a mechanical problem with the encoder. Contact us a support@hebirobotics.com and we can work out the details of replacing the actuator.

Thanks,
-Dave
Hello Dave,
Thanks for your helpful advice. The problem was fixed.

Merry Christmas!
Wei
zhuwei996

Post by zhuwei996 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:27 pm

dave_rollinson wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:35 pm
Wei,

Thanks,
-Dave
Hello, Hebi Robotics,

Recently, the offset problem is happenning frequently again. Luckily, the offset is either pi/2 or minus pi/2, so we can make up for the offset through Scope.
Anyway, we will continue to use this actuator. If the offset becomes random, we will consider to buy a new one.
Thanks for your concerns!

Wei