Actuator modules not getting IP

X-Series and R-Series Actuators
FahadRazaKhan

Actuator modules not getting IP

Post by FahadRazaKhan » Thu May 07, 2020 5:41 am

Hi,

I am working on Igor, and suddenly actuators disappeared from the network. Scope can't detect them anymore and LED's are blinking between Orange and Green. I have restarted the system but it did not change anything. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.
curtis_layton
HEBI Official

Re: Actuator modules not getting IP

Post by curtis_layton » Thu May 07, 2020 9:28 am

Hi,

The first thing that I would do is the verify the physical network connections between the actuators. Each actuator has two Ethernet ports and each port has a set of LEDs that indicate that that port is active. Make sure that each port that has a network cable plugged into it has active LEDs when the robot is powered on. If you find one make sure that it is plugged in all the way, sometimes the Ethernet cables can come un-clipped if you hold onto the robot or it falls over.

Let me know if you need further assistance!

Thank you,

- Curtis
dave_rollinson
HEBI Official

Post by dave_rollinson » Thu May 07, 2020 4:54 pm

Since none of the actuators are showing up on the network, I would focus on the connections on the hip actuators. This assumes the actuators are all daisy-chained with the router on one end of the chain and the computer on the other, as shown in the Igor Assembly Documentation:
https://docs.hebi.us/resources/kits/ass ... Manual.pdf

If it doesn't look like there are any loose connections there, the next thing I would check is the router on Igor. If you can disconnect the hip connection that goes to Igor's router and plug the actuator chain into another network, you should be able to see all the actuators.

Hope this helps,
-Dave
FahadRazaKhan

Post by FahadRazaKhan » Sat May 09, 2020 1:20 am

I guess it was the router's problem, after unplugging the battery multiple times it has started working again. Thanks for your support :)