R-Series M-Stop Wiring

X-Series and R-Series Actuators
pvanhorn

R-Series M-Stop Wiring

Post by pvanhorn » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:04 am

I am currently wiring up an R-16 actuator but I am curious about the M-stop wires. It didn’t seem clear in the start up guide if they were supposed to be attached to the same channel on the power supply as the power wires or somewhere else (possibly different voltage?). I noticed at one point you run some of the power wires through a power splitter and didn't know if that was necessary or what the best method is to attach all the wires at the power supply.

Thanks for your help and advise.
willig
HEBI Official

Re: R-Series M-Stop Wiring

Post by willig » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:31 am

For the M-Stop wires you can connect those directly to the 24-48V power supply you are using similar to the power wires. One way we do this is just connecting them to the same power splitter as shown in this image below:
R-Series_Wiring_connectMSTOP.jpg
R-Series_Wiring_connectMSTOP.jpg (113.87 KiB) Viewed 7482 times
If you intend on using an M-Stop Button what you would want to do is put that button in series connection with the blue and yellow wires to the first actuator in your chain and make sure your "M-STOP STRATEGY" on the actuators is properly set to "MOTOR HOLD" (if you want your actuators to hold position when the M-Stop power is cut) or "MOTOR OFF" (if you want the motor to be back-driveable when the M-Stop power is cut).
SCOPE_M-Stop_Strategy.png
SCOPE_M-Stop_Strategy.png (98.67 KiB) Viewed 7482 times
NOT RECOMMENDED (but also viable): Finally, if you don't plan on using an M-Stop Button or the M-Stop line at all, you can forgo the blue and yellow wiring, but you will need to plug the extra holes in the cord grips. This can be done by simply looping a single piece of wire thru both holes from the outside as shown below:
LoopWireConnectorCover.jpg
LoopWireConnectorCover.jpg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 7482 times