Command Lock X series Actuators

X-Series and R-Series Actuators
abdulaleey

Command Lock X series Actuators

Post by abdulaleey » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 am

X Series actuators were running fine previously. But Now I am having an issue that they are not taking any command because I guess command lock is enabled. How to fix this issue?
Attachments
hebi.jpg
hebi.jpg (118 KiB) Viewed 7570 times
florian_enner
HEBI Official

Re: Command Lock X series Actuators

Post by florian_enner » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:17 am

The lock-out gets set by APIs and is limited to maximum 5 seconds per message. You likely have some other process or other computer running that is actively sending commands to the actuators.

APIs send commands with a maximum lifetime that sets an expiration time. It exists for two reasons:
  • While a command is "alive", the actuators won't accept commands frm any other source. This prevents accidentally commanding the robot from two sources, which is what you are running into.
  • If a program crashes or stops sending commands for some reason, the lifetime expires and the actuators turn off output commands. This is particularly important for velocity/effort control where actuators would otherwise continue to spin until actively being stopped.
abdulaleey

Re: Command Lock X series Actuators

Post by abdulaleey » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:01 am

florian_enner wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:17 am
The lock-out gets set by APIs and is limited to maximum 5 seconds per message. You likely have some other process or other computer running that is actively sending commands to the actuators.

APIs send commands with a maximum lifetime that sets an expiration time. It exists for two reasons:
  • While a command is "alive", the actuators won't accept commands frm any other source. This prevents accidentally commanding the robot from two sources, which is what you are running into.
  • If a program crashes or stops sending commands for some reason, the lifetime expires and the actuators turn off output commands. This is particularly important for velocity/effort control where actuators would otherwise continue to spin until actively being stopped.
Thank you very much that will solve my issue.