Unable to control Lily

An Android / iOS application for getting mobile device sensor input and general-purpose input/output onto the HEBI API.
tkschuler

Unable to control Lily

Post by tkschuler » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:43 pm

I am running iOS 14.3 but unable to control Lily with the Mobile I/O application. My colleague is running the same iOS and is able to run it on theirs.

I changed the family name to Lily under iPhone settings.

For me, Hebi I/O doesn't show up under local network under my iPhone settings, but it does for my colleague's iPhone that is able to control the robot. I assume this is the issue,however I don't know how to force the Hebi application to show up here (I never received a pop up asking if I wanted to allow the Hebi App network access either).

I've tried reinstalling the app once, as well as rebooting the robot and still no luck.
matt_tesch
HEBI Official

Re: Unable to control Lily

Post by matt_tesch » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Interesting -- I haven't run into this before. I think your assumption here is correct -- the app is somehow not triggering a permission dialog, and therefore not getting the local network permission.

A couple quick things to try:
(1) force quit the app (double tap home, and swipe up to kill the process)
(2) disconnect and reconnect from the wifi network
(2) restart the app

I'm hoping restarting with the wifi connected may resolve this.

The other thought I have here -- the hexapods are set up to only connect to the first mobile IO device they see when the program is started. I would try connecting the iPhone and a computer with Scope running to the same network (this can be the hexapod network or a separate one). Can you see the iPhone Mobile I/O app listed in Scope here?

This is definitely something on the phone side vs. the robot side, fwiw -- sorry for the trouble; we'll get to the bottom of this.
tkschuler

Re: Unable to control Lily

Post by tkschuler » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm

I updated my iOS to 14.4 just now and re-downloaded the app. After several force open and closes of the app, it finally asked me if I wanted to allow local network access, and I selected yes.

Mobile I/O now shows up under scope as well

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to command the robot using the app (I've tried 2 different robots). So does definitely seem to be an issue with my phone, but I'm not sure what it could be, I haven't had any other wifi issues with it before.