Mobile I/O I2C

An Android / iOS application for getting mobile device sensor input and general-purpose input/output onto the HEBI API.
Reach_TexasA&M

Mobile I/O I2C

Post by Reach_TexasA&M » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:22 am

Does the RevC I/O board include I2C capabilities? I know that the chip does, but I am wondering if the board is capable. I think I read that HEBI does not currently support I2C, but is it possible to experiment or hardcode I2C functionality / what would be the route to that look like?
curtis_layton
HEBI Official

Re: Mobile I/O I2C

Post by curtis_layton » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:54 am

Hello,

Currently the I/O board does not support I2C, although you are correct that the hardware is there. We have talked about incorporating this functionality in the future but so far it as stayed pretty far down the priority list.

What type of I2C device are you trying to interface to? Any feedback about what you are trying to interface to is useful for us for planning development.

Thanks,

- Curtis
KaraPelosi

Re: Mobile I/O I2C

Post by KaraPelosi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:34 am

Hi...as per my knowledge on I2C each I2C module is comprised of both master and slave functions and is identified by a unique address. A master-initiated communication generates the clock signal, SCL. For proper operation,the SDA pin must be configured as an open-drain signal. Due to the internal circuitry that supports high-speed operation, the SCL pin must not be configured as an open-drain signal, although the internal circuitry causes it to act as if it were an open drain signal. Both SDA and SCL signals must
be connected to a positive supply voltage using a pull-up resistor.

order pcb