Outdated nuget packages

Questions about our C++ API
sadashi3

Outdated nuget packages

Post by sadashi3 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:59 am

Hi,

I was trying to set up a project using in visual studio using Nuget, but it seems the api version on Nuget is very outdated (ver 1) and is missing key features (e.g. setting control strategy).

I manages to upgrade my project manually thru the latest c++ libraries on your website. However, it is confusing as the guthub instructions recommend using nuget for visual studio projects...

would you update the nuget package to include the latest c++ api please?

Thanks,
matt_tesch
HEBI Official

Re: Outdated nuget packages

Post by matt_tesch » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:32 pm

Sorry for the issues here.

You are correct, the NuGet packages are quite outdated; we had been primarily focused on the CMake workflow and let these slip because of a complication with a library reference.

I'll try to get this sorted out and get new versions out this week. I'll keep you posted on this topic.
sadashi3

Post by sadashi3 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:15 am

In this case, If there are good instructions on how to use CMake within Visual Studio it would be great...

Thank you very much,
sadashi3

Post by sadashi3 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:14 am

Hi,

Any update s about the nuget packages? Our vs project broke down after we updated the packages manually (Linker issues) and we switched to the older nuget packages :(

Appreciating your help,
matt_tesch
HEBI Official

Post by matt_tesch » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:58 am

Apologies for the delay.

Yes, CMake can be used to generate Visual Studio projects. I updated the instructions at https://github.com/HebiRobotics/hebi-cpp-examples; please let me know if this makes sense and you are able to build these at least.

However, I know that doesn't fully solve the NuGet issue. We finished the internal changes for the new C API version, and so I'm working on packaging that up and pushing out an update today, and I'm looking at the NuGet packaging as part of that. I hope to have this out by the end of the day.
sadashi3

Post by sadashi3 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:37 am

Thank you very much. I think the cmake works when I created a new project.

However, since our project was created with nuget, and so things broke down after we tried to change the dependencies to cmake :( I guess we will wait for the nuget package update.

Thank you,
matt_tesch
HEBI Official

Post by matt_tesch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm

I just got the NuGet package build working. I'm doing some final tests here, but I should be pushing this in the next hour.

Thanks again for your patience! I'll go ahead and update our release scripts so this is built and updated for future releases as well.
matt_tesch
HEBI Official

Post by matt_tesch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Ok, the HEBI C++ API v3.3.0 should now be available in NuGet.

Note there are a couple backwards-incompatible changes from v1.0.0 (the last NuGet version) and v3.x. These are:
- timestamps, and sender ID moved from hebi::Feedback.actuator() to hebi::Feedback
- the robot model parsing and API has changed a bit.

More information about the changes between versions can be found at https://docs.hebi.us/downloads_changelo ... -changelog

Please let us know if you have any issues getting this to work!
sadashi3

Post by sadashi3 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:58 am

Apologies for the late reply.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and help, everything works like a charm through nuget and C++! :D

Thank you so much again!

With Best Regards,
matt_tesch
HEBI Official

Post by matt_tesch » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Awesome! Glad this works for you.

Let us know if you come across anything else!

Best,
Matt